AGM – Friday November 17th
The OPA Annual General Meeting (AGM) will be held at the Open and Master’s Provincial Championship, on the evening of Friday, November 17, 2017, following the lifting sessions of that day (the exact time of the meeting start is to be determined once the final lifting schedule is released).
Here is what you need to know about the AGM:
1. The OPA AGM is open for attendance to all OPA Members.
2. This is an election year. All OPA Executive Member Positions are up for nominations. Anyone who is interested in volunteering for an OPA Executive Member Position must submit their nomination prior to the meeting. Refer to the OPA Constitution for more information about the roles and responsibilities of OPA Executive Member Positions.
3. Bids for hosting the 2018 Ontario Juniors Provincials, 2018 Ontario Open and Masters Provincials and the 2018/2019 CPU Regional Championships will be accepted and considered at the OPA AGM.
4. Any other proposals (i.e. changes to the OPA constitution, matters to be brought forward to the CPU) may be submitted for consideration at the OPA AGM. Please note that changes to the OPA Constitution cannot be made at this year’s AGM (Changes to the constitution occur every other year, opposite election years).
5. Nominations for all OPA Awards (i.e. Male and Female Athlete of the Year) and nominations to be brought forward for CPU Award consideration (i.e CPU Male and Female Athlete of the Year, Bill Jamison Award) must be submitted to be considered at the OPA AGM.
6. All proposals, bids and nomination submission must be submitted to the OPA Secretary prior to the meeting to be included on the Agenda and considered at the Meeting. All AGM Agenda submissions will only be accepted until midnight on Friday October 20th.
7. The AGM Agenda will be posted Friday November 3rd (two weeks prior to meeting).
Please have your voice heard, be available to be present at the agm!!
Any questions, refer to your opa constitution or contact any of our OPA EXECUTIVE.